The 'R' page
NEW! Download this
entire 28 page dictionary in one ebook!
return to alphabetical index
– The small wheels, usually made of plastic, that support the a
dishwasher’s dish racks, allowing them to be rolled out to be loaded
– a set of electrical contacts that is opened and closed by a magnetic
coil or other actuator device, like a bimetal.
– In newer clothes washers and some dishwashers, the remote pump is a
separate component from the main drive motor, and can operate
independently from it. This has helped prolong the life of belt-driven
washers by allowing the water load to be emptied before the washer goes
into its spin cycle, when the belt is in a ‘controlled slip’ mode.
agent, rinse aid
– A chemical wetting agent added to a dishwasher’s rinse water to
prevent spotting, especially on glassware. A small quantity is
automatically admitted into the dishwasher by the rinse agent dispenser.
– A two part component, with one part rotating and one stationary,
designed to prevent the leakage, usually of water, down a shaft. These
two polished, spring-loaded surfaces remain in contact with each other
as one rotates.
This information may be reprinted and distributed freely only
in its entirety, including this message.